Friday, December 16, 2005

Ice

They said it was 1/4-1/2 inch of ice. It loaded up the trees and the trees came down. Power outages all around. Fortunately, our power came back late yesterday afternoon. So, we only lost it for about 8 hours. Cable was out a while longer, but it's back too. Internet now works, everything.

We're hosting a few people who weren't so lucky. Not a great place to stay, but it's cheap. Mi casa, es su casa and all that. We even had a potential for 7 more guests (family of 5 plus two people who whould have had to sleep in separate rooms). They would have been welcome too.

I am forever greatful to God from whom all blessings flow. He has given me much in my lifetime. If I can give some of it back to some of His people, well, I'll never get back even with what He's done for me.

No comments: