Thursday, January 08, 2009

Do you believe this 100%

Earlie this week, I focused on some "facts" that I find almost unbelievable. Did you realize we're moving at over 1,000 miles per hour? Today, I'll get to my main point, do you believe the Bible 100%? I do, but I also confess that sometimes it's a little hard to believe it all.


When I first became a Christian, there were a lot of parts of the Bible I didn't believe. I mean creation in 7 days? A man swallowed by a fish, came out three days later and preached? Come on, let's get real. But as I get older and understand more, I begin to believe more. Most of the change came when I accepted the fact that God is god and I am not. If He truly is God, He can do anything He wants. Creating the world in 7 days seems to be easy enough. Why when you really get down to it, He only needed 6 days and most of that was just looking around at what He had made thinking "man, look what I did."


So, here's my point. Maybe you have trouble believing everything in the Bible. That's OK, God has seen and heard that before. He can handle it. The real key is do you trust Him to handle it? God said there is one way to Him, through His Son Jesus. Once you accept Jesus, the rest is easy. If He can create the world in 7 days, surely He can work with you to understand His Word.

If you haven't come to the point where you trust Him yet, or if you trust Him, but don't completely believe all the stories you've heard, then why not read His Word? Read the stories and ask Him to explain it to you. Then read some more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent advice, Randy! The Bible has some challenging parts to understand, but if people would just pick it up and read some they'd realize it is more approachable than they thought. For starters, just focus on the parts you do understand.

"The Edge" said...

And actually, sometimes it's just easier to let God do all the work and believe it is true despite our human nature.....

But if I've learned one thing in life, it's that I don't exactly know how God's economy works. And I also know that prayer is the currency in that economy. Confused? Good. So am I - but I know this to be true.

Brooke said...

Some parts I just have to chalk up to my limited human understanding.

Great post. Ask and ye shall receive...