Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Today I want to pause and give thanks. And prayer.

I give thanks for my family, my sons & daughters, my daughter-in-law and sons-in-law, my grandson (who is really fun to be with), brothers, sisters, mother and mother-in-law and my extended family (father-in-law and grandmother-in-law). And I pray for them, along with the two granddaughters who will be here son and another grandchild next year.

I give thanks for our military. And I pray for them, especially the ones who have to be away today.

I give thanks for our country, that we live in a country where we choose for our leaders and we have a chance to choose again in 2, 4 or 6 years. I pray for them. I pray that they will lead, not as I want, not as others want, but as God wants and as our country needs.

I am thankful for my job. That I have the opportunity to do something I enjoy and be paid well for it. And I pray for the upcoming changes to my job, that I can achieve the goals I have set and live up to the expectations of those around me.

Happy Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

The Elliotts said...

I'm thankful for you too. Thanks for being a great stepdad. I know I don't say it often, but I'm really glad that God brought you and mama together. We truly are blessed.
Love you!

Kris said...

happy thanksgiving to you too. i have also counted my blessings today. you did a good job with your list.

kw

The Elliotts said...

Yes, I remember that cold Thanksgiving as well. How long did it take to cook that turkey? Oh wait...I mean, light the fryer?

Nena said...

I love you and am VERY THANKFUL for you, also. We have a wonderful family and we continue to be blessed with our "GROWING" family. Just think GRANDPA, next summer our Little Anthony will have 4 new playmates. We will soon welcome our 2 new granddaughters (2 different mommies) and then get to do this all over again with 2 more new grandchildren (the other 2 mommies). We do have so much to be thankful for.

Thank you for helping make our family so wonderful.

I LOVE YOU!!!

Brooke said...

We all truly have so much to be grateful for.

Happy belated Thanksgiving, Randy!