Monday, December 18, 2006

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

This weekend I had the opportunity to meet with family for our Christmas get together. I think this is the first time we have ever gotten together BEFORE Christmas, typically it's afterwards. As one of 6 kids, it's hard to get us all together.

My mom has 9 grandchildren. Five of the grandchildren were there, with spouses. All 3 of her great-grandchildren were there.

Afterwards, I went to see my daughter and her husband sing in their church christmas musical. It was very light, but included a chance for us all to sing along. I feel for the ladies that sat in front of me, I hope I didn't overpower the choir in their ears. I really enjoyed the singing and of couse, I could easily pick out my little girl's voice among the 140 or so people that were backing her up. In all honesty, I think she was the ONLY one that did not have a music book, she had memorize all of the music. She really showed joy in her face. It made me proud.

It was a good family time.

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.

No comments: