Friday, March 24, 2006

Procrastination

Wikipedia says procrastination is the deferment or avoidence of an action or task which requires completion by focusing on some other action or task.

It also says that the word itself comes from the Latin word procrastinatus: pro- (forward) and crastinus (of tomorrow).

So does the word procrastinating mean that I am pro-tomorrow? I think so. It means I look forward to tomorrow and doing that which I defer today. Think about it, who would not want to be pro-tomorrow? Would you vote for someone who was not pro-tomorrow? Would you hire that person?

Right now, I could be working on my test. Instead I think I'll be pro-tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, I love it!
Thanks for your post on procrastination and I almost (for shame, for shame) didn't leave a comment--was thinking "pro-tomorrow". What do "they" say: no better time like the present. Is the present really a gift?!
GinaRenay
p.s. I did a loopy poem on procrastination. Perhaps I'll post it on my blog again; er, perhaps not. Did or will I "pro" or did I ("antonym") Decide?!