Sunday, February 04, 2007

New Orleans

OK, I'm off to New Orleans. Not a good start, the first leg of my plane ride is delayed. I should have enough time in Atlanta to make the second leg.

I'm not looking forward to this trip. I keep hearing things about safety and I know that the crime rate in N.O. is up (and it was high before). A good friend reassured me, said that they HAVE to keep the convention area and French Quarter safe. It they didn't, the tourist traffic would disappear all together. I hope he's right.

But the worst part is the schedule. 4+1/2 days, 3 of those nights, we have a reception + dinner. That means breakfast at 7am, sessions starting at 8:30, lasting till 5pm, reception from 5-7, and dinner from 7-10. Then go back and do your day job.

I do have Wednesday night free. I think I'll crash.

I am looking forward to seeing some friends I haven't seen in a while. We didn't kick off last year, so I haven't seen some of these folks in 2 years.

And I have two meetings with management. Mostly to see what I can do with my career. Right now, there doesn't appear to be a lot of room for moving up. If that's the way it is, so be it. I'm very well paid and happy doing my job. But if there is chance for advancement, I don't want to pass it up.

More this week from the Big Easy...

No comments: