Monday, March 05, 2007

Is there more to life than just politics?

OK, I've taken to reading a lot of blogs. I'd rather read blogs than do my homework. I'm not sure that it's a viable excuse, but it's a fact.

But why are so many blogs about politics (and "why are there so many songs about rainbows?" asks Mr. Kermit). Seems like there should be more to life than just Pres. Bush fighting Billiary and some conservative commentator taking a jab at one of the other candidates.

And while I'm at it, why do so many bloggers simply quote newsfeeds. Don't they think we can find the news ourselves? Do they have any original thoughts or do they just think their job is to spread the news. Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Ann Coulter used a homosexual slur!

Sure politics is important. It affects our everyday lives. It affects our future. But there are other things that are important too. Like Mr. Kermit's rainbows.....


P.S. If you miss the part about Mr. Kermit's rainbows, email me and I'll explain. It's a neat story.

2 comments:

A Voice of Reason said...

Good food for thought. I try to hit all areas of life on my blog, but it is so easy to offer analysis and commentary about politics and current events. Actually some of the posts I have enjoyed the most, and perhaps to validate my own narcisstic sense of being, are just the reflections I offer about the day.

Randy said...

I must confess, I only started reading a voice of reason. I'll look for more variety on your site. Thanks for the comments