Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Cindy Sheehan resigns

I'm sure my friends on the left and the right will pick this up and there's very little "news" in this.

Cindy Sheehan has finally resigned from her self-appointed role as the 'face' of the American anti-war movement.

I confess, I never liked anything that she said or did. I am deeply sorry that her son lost his life and sincerely hope that she can learn to live with the grief that I'm sure this event has caused her. Those who know me personally, know that I can empathize with her, even if just a little, because of the grief I have experienced.

I guess I'm a little disappointed that she has finally learned the "frustration with an anti-war movement that she said 'often puts personal egos above peace and human life.'" Seems like she has finally woken up and realized that she's been used for all this time.

I hope she's wrong when she says ""Our brave young men and women in Iraq have been abandoned there indefinitely by their cowardly leaders who move them around like pawns on a chessboard of destruction." I look forward to the day when our brave young men and women in Iraq and Afghanistan can return home.

Without any malice, I say goodbye Cindy and I wish you the best.

2 comments:

mommy zabs said...

wow i had no idea she resigned. And yes, i feel sad for her for the loss of her son, but i was getting sick of seeing her.

Randy said...

I guess I felt sorry for her every time I saw her. I think she got divorced during these last few years. From personal experience, I don't think the loss of her son changed her, so much as brought out certain aspects of her life. Her marriage was probably troubled before hand, I guess they just couldn't handle the loss.

So sad.