Sunday, May 13, 2007

The people have spoken

I'll post a note later about one of the books on my summer reading list. It had something to please everyone.

But a thought hit me this morning that I've been hearing a lot about "the people have spoken" on the war in Iraq.

Made me thing. Didn't the people speak on health care reform several years ago? Didn't we (or at least our leaders) try to reform health care? And didn't they try for several years? Seems like the people (or at least our leaders) have spoken on that issue and it doesn't need to be revisited.

Actually, there were some changes in health care in the 1990's and if you don't believe it, ask a doctor what he thinks of HIPPA. Or try to found out how "portable" (one of the two "p"s in HIPPA) your healthcare actually is.

Or, if you have an accident with injuries, compare your settlement under the new laws to what it would have been under the old laws.

But don't complain about it, the people have spoken.

No comments: