Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Washington vacation

As mentioned in my last post, I'm on vacation in Washington DC. One astute reader noted that Bush was out of country, so I won't be seeing him this trip.

We spent Sunday night with some friends and business contacts on the way up (thanks Tom and Lory!). It was a chance for the females to meet as I'd met Lory before. We had some good ribs and enjoyed a nice evening. Then Monday we drove up.

On the way up Monday, we stopped at the Marine Museum. In one minute, you felt gung-ho, in the next you felt proud and inspired by the stories of these young men and women.

Last night we toured downtown DC, mostly driving around. Refilling the tank cost $4+/gallon. What an experience. (I promise a post on gas prices later).

Today was HOT. We took the Metro downtown, then walked to the Botanical Gardens. Then, my favorite, we walked to the Smithsonian Air & Space museum. I could have stayed there all day (plus it was cool inside). Next was the Natural History museum. By 5pm, we were exhausted.

Strangest occurrence: On Sunday somewhere around Butner, NC, I ran into a business contact from Winston-Salem, NC (90+ miles away) at Wendy's. He was headed home from DC.

No comments: